Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is it wrong that my first thought when I heard that Heath Ledger died was how that would affect the release of The Dark Knight? Sad story. A two year old daughter now without a father. A guy who by our standards had everything, but if the circumstances are any indication of why he died, it sure looks like his success couldn't give him happiness.
I got my staging kit yesterday. My parents were all giddy and all excited for me to open it. On Feb. 20th I fly out of Springfield at 6 am, into Chicago, then leave Chicago at 8 and get to D.C. at 11. I stay in D.C. for a couple of days of intense orientation and getting to know my fellow PCV's, then on Friday I board a plane for a 15 hour flight to Johannesburg, then fly from there to Lusaka. I'm excited that my passport will have a South Africa stamp, though hopefully I'll see more of South Africa than the Jo'burg airport over the next couple of years.

1 comment:

A-town said...

I leave Chicago at 8 too! I bet we're on the same flight, I think my seat is 12F. Let's throw peanuts at each other and carry on