Sunday, January 20, 2008

I was all excited for what would have undoubtedly been the biggest Super Bowl matchup ever, Patriots vs. Packers, Brady vs. Favre, the perfect team versus the most lovable comeback quarterback of them all. There would have been so many great story lines in that game, it would have been the highest rated sporting event of all time, it would have been awesome.
But no.
Stupid Eli Manning. The Giants are, to me anyway, one of the most unlikeable teams in the NFL. This is probably because they are a New York team and everyone outside of New York gets tired of hearing about them all season long whether or not they're doing anything newsworthy, just like the Yankees, Knicks, Duke basketball (not from New York, I know, but I still hate them)etc. I've disliked Eli Manning ever since he decided he was too good to play for San Diego if they drafted him. He's not. And actually that ended up benefitting the Chargers more than anyone else. And now, on top of everything else, they ruin the best Super Bowl game ever, or at least since Pats-Rams in '02. I hope the Pats score 100 points and that Tedi Bruschi eats Eli Manning's left arm.

No comments: