Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I watched L'Auberge Espagnole for the first time last night. I don't think I've watched a movie so chillingly applicable to my current life since Kicking and Screaming (not the Will Ferrell soccer movie, the Noah Baumbach movie from the mid 90's. it's like Reality Bites, except it doesn't suck). I mean, I don't want to be that girl who's really drunk at the party and thinks that every song that comes on is about her, but come on, the main guy is even an econ major. It's a great flick about being in your twenties and not really knowing what you want to do with your life, the experiences you have along the way and the people you meet and how they come to be a part of who you are. I thought about my semester in Australia, people I met in a hostel and talked to for a couple of hours and will never see again, the people I lived with there, and the two years of new people and new places and new things coming up that will become a part of me. I felt all sappy and sentimental and I really enjoyed it.

No comments: